Just like the Sprudelhof, the drinking cure salon was planned by the architect Wilhelm Jost. It consists of several colonnades that lead in a horseshoe shape around a large basin and an orchestra shell. The jewel of the building ensemble is the octagonal “Kurbrunnentempel” (spa fountain temple), which was elevated to the status of a “baptistery of healing waters” at the time. The adjacent drinking hall is also reminiscent of an ancient spa or early Christian church. The centrepiece of the drinking hall are the gold-plated spring water taps, where healing waters from three springs is still brought together and served today.
The drinking cure salon is a vivid testimony to Bad Nauheim's history as a spa resort of world renown. The impressive architecture celebrates the water's healing properties with its lavish design and attention to detail. In addition to the healing waters, the visually appealing ambience of the drinking hall was also intended to contribute decisively to well-being.
Today, the drinking cure salon is much more than just a place to enjoy healing waters. Spa concerts, festivals and other events are held here throughout the year. Art is also displayed in the Trinkkuranlage gallery with regular exhibitions. We recommend rounding off your visit with a good meal and a cup of coffee or a cocktail in the facility's restaurant or bar.
The time taken to build the drinking hall from 1910 to 1912. Its design is reminiscent of an ancient thermal bath and early Christian church architecture.
The spa fountain-temple holding the springs has 8 corners, and was known as the “baptistery of healing waters” at the time.
Among the many illustrious and prominent guests, Tsarina Alexandra stayed in Bad Nauheim for a water cure in 1910 – with her 140-strong royal household.